Application Developer – Ability to attain Secret security clearance
Website Spathe Systems, LLC
Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing, Defense Contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with satellite offices in Fayetteville, NC. As a fast, reliable, agile, and responsive services and solutions company, Spathe Systems enables operations by capitalizing on our diverse experiences within the Defense, Commercial and Academic Industries, delivering Innovative, Interoperable Technologies and leveraging strategic alliances with industry partners. Our niche spans C5I Systems Support, Workforce Modernization, and Mission Support. As a small business with a tight nit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions, while supporting and elevating the workforce with the responsibility and accountability to be successful.
Spathe is currently searching for an Application Developer to join our team in the Tampa, FL area in support of the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Mission!
Clearance: Ability to attain Secret security clearance (Must be US Citizen)
Spathe is looking for an experienced, dedicated, and personable Application Developer to join our team in Tampa FL! In this position you will support the USSOCOM Mobile DevSecOps training team. You will travel to various Theater Special Operations Command (TSOC) and Component locations, both CONUS and OCONUS, as part of a team to directly train USSOCOM resources in modern software development, Cloud, and DevSecOps principles. When not traveling, you will refine and support USSOCOM HQ Software Development, Cloud, and DevSecOps standards. In addition to evangelizing these changes within USSOCOM you will support Greenfield software development of new applications to support USSOCOM mission needs including but not limited to Azure, & AWS environments utilizing Docker Containers on a Kubernetes orchestrated PaaS.
- Provide support for the cross-functional DevSecOps team to ensure operations meet technical standards and deliver on productivity and quality goals. Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage cloud services
- Developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
- Train USSOCOM Software Developers on modern software development, Cloud, and DevSecOps principles
- Provide guidance and training for various software technologies and languages.
- Support the designing and implementing of cloud native applications to run on K8s based technology within AWS, Azure or On-Prem data centers.
- Utilizing agile software development and DevSecOps techniques
- Implementing DevSecOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- Designing and developing solutions for refactoring and redesigning application technologies for migration to a cloud containers-based topology
- Creation of and support of testing scripts and adherence to USSOCOM software development standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related analytical field or equivalent experience is preferred
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience (direct supervisory experience preferred)
- Have a passion for agile and DevSecOps methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize usage to most efficiently allocate resources to maximize developer options while staying within budget.
- Strong “security first” mindset.
- Hold a current cloud based development certification (RHCA, AWS CSA, CKA, CKAD) or 3+ years of experience supporting multi-tier web applications.
- 3+ years of experience handling workloads in large-scale environments.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working exclusively designing and implementing cloud native workloads
- Public contribution to an open source community or maintain a personal open source portfolio with a working CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps)
- Experience with or deep knowledge of container technology and K8s based PaaS solutions (OpenShift, PKS, etc.) – Desired requirement
- Experience with or deep knowledge of design, deployment, and management of cloud resources in numerous environments (AWS, Azure, etc.). – Desired requirement
- Bonus potential
- Tampa, Florida
- CONUS & OCONUS Required
- No more than 60% – 70%
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday with flexible work hours