Database Engineer – Ability to attain Secret Security Clearance
Website Spathe Systems, LLC
Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing, Defense Contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with satellite offices in Fayetteville, NC. As a fast, reliable, agile, and responsive services and solutions company, Spathe Systems enables operations by capitalizing on our diverse experiences within the Defense, Commercial and Academic Industries, delivering Innovative, Interoperable Technologies and leveraging strategic alliances with industry partners. Our niche spans C5I Systems Support, Workforce Modernization, and Mission Support. As a small business with a tight nit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions, while supporting and elevating the workforce with the responsibility and accountability to be successful.
Spathe is currently searching for a Database Engineer to join our team in the Tampa, FL area in support of the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Mission!
Clearance: Ability to attain Secret Security Clearance (Must be US Citizen)
Spathe is looking for an experienced, dedicated, and personable Database Engineer to join our team in Tampa FL! In this position you will support the USSOCOM Mobile DevSecOps training team. You will travel to various Theater Special Operations Command (TSOC) and Component locations, both CONUS and OCONUS, as part of a team to directly train USSOCOM resources in modern software development, Cloud, and DevSecOps principles. When not traveling, you will refine and support USSOCOM HQ Software Development, Cloud, and DevSecOps standards. In addition to evangelizing these changes within USSOCOM you will support Greenfield software development of new applications to support USSOCOM mission needs including but not limited to Azure, & AWS environments utilizing Docker Containers on a Kubernetes orchestrated PaaS. Design, develop, and deliver data solutions including database design, relational/non-relational modeling, and prototyping. Develop and document of data standards, design, and development of test plans. Execute testing and data solution debugging as well as implementation of a solution that follows efficient design techniques and development that meets and exceeds the solutions.
- Provide support for the cross-functional Mobile DevSecOps team to ensure operations meet technical standards and deliver on productivity and quality goals. Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage cloud services
- Lead design and modeling of various USSOCOM applications
- Provide Database design training in support of USSOCOM Mobile DevSecOps team
- Build conceptual and logical data models for stakeholders and management
- Train and develop existing USSOCOM resources in modern database management and microservices architecture
- Utilize Agile software development and DevSecOps techniques
- Experience with implementing DevSecOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- Creating repeatable patterns for deployments
- Facilitating collaboration between application owners and cloud engineers
- Respond to USSOCOM team needs in a timely fashion
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related analytical field or equivalent experience is preferred
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience (direct supervisory experience preferred)
- Have a passion for agile and DevSecOps methodologies.
- Strong experience with Postgresql and MongoDB and/or other open source database technologies
- Experience with data migration to cloud based environment
- Experienced in sourcing, maintaining, and updating data
- 5 years of experience supporting multi-tier web applications.
- 3 years of experience handling workloads in large-scale environments.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working exclusively designing and implementing cloud native workloads
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps).
- Demonstrable experience of microservices architecture, container technology and K8s based PaaS solutions (OpenShift, PKS, etc.) – Desired requirement
- Deep understanding of the design, deployment and management of cloud resources in numerous environments (AWS, Azure, etc.). – Desired requirement
- Bonus potential
- Tampa, Florida
- CONUS & OCONUS Required
- No more than 60% – 70%
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday with flexible work hours