SATOPS Tier 1 Technician – TS/SCI
Website Spathe Systems, LLC
SATOPS Tier 1 Technician
Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing, 8(a) defense contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with offices in Fayetteville, NC. As a small business with a tight nit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions. Spathe is currently searching for a System Administrator/Desktop to join our team.
The technician will be part of a team that ensures the effective monitoring, control, and configuration of a global satellite communications network including forward deployed satellite earth terminals and embedded network communications equipment. The SATOPS Management Center network provides government users with transport of C2 services comprising of data, video and voice.
- Continuously monitor network and satellite space segment performance to provide customer tier 1 and tier 2 support as required.
- Remotely troubleshoot VSAT systems via iDirect software
- Resolve customer issues related to broadband IP communication via satellite transmission, support complex systems installations and startup at customer sites.
- Monitor iDirect TDMA equipment configurations and network performance, in real-time, and report conditions and anomalies to the designated team lead.
- Prepare reports on network utilization, performance and activity as required.
- Open and track trouble tickets via Remedy as required to resolve network or remote terminal issues.
- Analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate manner, and provide end user training where required
- Administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades for telecommunications systems, digital communications systems, and LAN communications and systems
- Respond to client trouble calls, on a basic and intermediate level, to analyze, diagnose and resolve the problem
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery
- Work with end users and department heads to identify and document required network service levels.
- Monitor and test satellite network performance and provide satellite network performance statistics and reports
- Aid in the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and maintain current knowledge of plan executable’s
- Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Perform satellite network and security audits
- Assist in network design and capacity planning
- Coordinate with end users and technical staff to implement and maintain systems that utilize industry best practices to meet business objectives, while maintaining the security and integrity of the data, system and network
- Generate metrics, project status reports and operating status reports for management and team members
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced personnel
- Prepare, coordinate and support user training and documentation and provide technical assistance for post-implementation support issues
- Provide service desk and technical support to users
- Perform routine to moderately complex problem analysis and resolution design for systems and applications
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Isolate and correct network faults using network management tools (iMonitor, iBuilder, and Solarwinds).
- Manage service restoration activities and track/update trouble ticketing system (Remedy).
- Provide status reports to customers and management personnel.
- Provide testing and implementation support of new software releases for deployed network equipment.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve product related issues resulting from installation, software and hardware upgrades, configuration changes, equipment integration or testing.
- Maintain timely and accurate help desk records using the ticket management system and master station logs
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- DOD 8570.01 IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+, SCNP or SSCP)
- Tampa, FL
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off