Scrum Master – Ability to attain Secret Security Clearance
Website Spathe Systems, LLC
Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing, Defense Contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with satellite offices in Fayetteville, NC. As a fast, reliable, agile, and responsive services and solutions company, Spathe Systems enables operations by capitalizing on our diverse experiences within the Defense, Commercial and Academic Industries, delivering Innovative, Interoperable Technologies and leveraging strategic alliances with industry partners. Our niche spans C5I Systems Support, Workforce Modernization, and Mission Support. As a small business with a tight nit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions, while supporting and elevating the workforce with the responsibility and accountability to be successful.
Spathe is currently searching for a Scrum Master to join our team in the Tampa, FL area in support of the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Mission!
Clearance: Ability to attain Secret Security Clearance (Must be US Citizen)
Spathe is looking for an experienced, dedicated, and personable Scrum Master to join our team in Tampa FL! In this position you will support the USSOCOM Mobile DevSecOps training team. You will travel to various Theater Special Operations Command (TSOC) and Component locations, both CONUS and OCONUS, as part of a team to directly train USSOCOM resources in modern software development, Cloud, and DevSecOps principles. When not traveling, you will refine and support USSOCOM HQ Software Development, Cloud, and DevSecOps standards. In addition to evangelizing these changes within USSOCOM you will support Greenfield software development of new applications to support USSOCOM mission needs including but not limited to Azure, & AWS environments utilizing Docker Containers on a Kubernetes orchestrated PaaS. Design, develop, and deliver data solutions including database design, relational/non-relational modeling, and prototyping.
The scrum master helps oversee the Scrum and Development teams. They are knowledgeable in Agile methodology and Scrum and able to educate others. They also act as a buffer between the Scrum Team and Product Owner and maintain a safe working environment for the team by helping with conflict resolution. The Scrum master will be responsible for maintaining the training team tempo and ensuring all aspects of Scrum based Agile Software development are taught at each training engagement
- Provide support for the cross-functional DevSecOps team to ensure operations meet technical standards and deliver on productivity and quality goals.
- Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage cloud services
- Facilitating and educating on scrum ceremonies within each sprint (Daily Stand-up, Scrum of Scrums, Sprint Review, Grooming, and Retrospectives).
- Acting as a servant leader to their Scrum teams by working with a sense of urgency to resolve conflict and remove impediments while also facilitating discussion and forcing decision-making – where necessary – at the Team and Scrum of Scrums level.
- Working alongside the PO and team to constantly optimize processes, ways of working and the team agreement in a way that maximizes the value creation, velocity, product quality and happiness of the team.
- Working with senior leadership in the education, alignment, planning and execution of product delivery.
- Maintaining an environment within the scrum teams where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Create courseware for training engagements centric to the skills, approaches, and best practices for being an effective Scrum Master.
- Experience with Agile software development and DevSecOps techniques
- Implementing DevSecOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- Facilitating collaboration between training team and the customer
- Facilitate the team for better creativity and tries to improve the efficiency of the development team.
- Responsible to remove the impediments for the scrum team
- Assists in educating the Product Owner to make the product backlogs robust and ready for the next sprint
- Organizes and facilitates the sprint planning meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related analytical field or equivalent experience is preferred
- 3+ years’ experience as a Scrum Master
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience (direct supervisory experience preferred)
- Have a passion for agile and DevSecOps methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize usage to most efficiently allocate resources to maximize developer options while staying within schedule
- Experience in facilitating Agile workshops geared toward feature definition and prioritization
- Understands agile reporting and metrics as well as scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong situational awareness and skills in facilitating conflict resolution and continual improvement
- Extensive experience leveraging Agile tools (Jira, Kanban, etc.) to facilitate scrum ceremonies
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent agile certification strongly preferred
- 2+ years of training experience
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps)
- Demonstrable experience of microservices architecture, container technology and K8s based PaaS solutions (OpenShift, PKS, etc.) – Desired requirement
- Deep understanding of the design, deployment, and management of cloud resources in numerous environments (AWS, Azure, etc.). – Desired requirement
- Bonus potential
- Tampa, Florida
- CONUS & OCONUS Required
- No more than 60% – 70%
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday with flexible work hours