Sr. Application Developer – Ability to attain Secret security clearance
Website Spathe Systems, LLC
Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing, Defense Contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with satellite offices in Fayetteville, NC. As a fast, reliable, agile, and responsive services and solutions company, Spathe Systems enables operations by capitalizing on our diverse experiences within the Defense, Commercial and Academic Industries, delivering Innovative, Interoperable Technologies and leveraging strategic alliances with industry partners. Our niche spans C5I Systems Support, Workforce Modernization, and Mission Support. As a small business with a tight nit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions, while supporting and elevating the workforce with the responsibility and accountability to be successful. Spathe is currently searching for an Application Developer (SR) to join our team in the Tampa, FL area in support of the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Mission!
Clearance: Ability to attain Secret security clearance (Must be US Citizen)
Spathe is looking for an experienced, dedicated, and personable Application Developer (SR) to join our team in Tampa FL! In this position you will act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for application development to include mentoring and guiding the Spathe Software Development Incubator team which is comprised of recent college graduates in various IT fields. In support of this position you will focus on assessment of legacy applications and their associated data stores in government designated priority order and determine the modernization requirements for each application. You will support rehosting applications on IaaS, refactoring for PaaS, revising for IaaS or PaaS, rebuilding on PaaS, or replacing with SaaS based on cost, schedule and/or performance factors as assessed. You will be responsible for refactoring applications in various languages across multiple platforms, both local and cloud hosted. You will support Greenfield software development of new applications to support USSOCOM mission needs. Analysis and redevelopment of applications includes but is not limited to Azure, & AWS environments utilizing Docker Containers on a Kubernetes orchestrated PaaS.
- Provide support for the cross-functional DevSecOps team to ensure operations meet technical standards and deliver on productivity and quality goals. Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage cloud services
- Developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
- Working as a leader along-side customer business, development, and infrastructure teams
- Providing software development knowledge with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the Spathe Software Development Incubator team as necessary across all Software Development skillsets
- Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
- Utilizing agile software development and DevSecOps techniques
- Implementing DevSecOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- Designing and developing solutions for refactoring and redesigning application technologies for migration to a cloud containers-based topology
- Creation of and support of testing scripts and adherence to USSOCOM software development standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related analytical field or equivalent experience is preferred
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience (direct supervisory experience preferred)
- Have a passion for agile and DevSecOps methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize usage to most efficiently allocate resources to maximize developer options while staying within budget.
- Strong “security first” mindset.
- 6+ years of experience supporting multi-tier web applications.
- 5+ years of experience handling workloads in large-scale environments.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working exclusively designing and implementing cloud native workloads
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps)
- Experience with or deep knowledge of container technology and K8s based PaaS solutions (OpenShift, PKS, etc.) – Desired requirement
- Experience with or deep knowledge of design, deployment, and management of cloud resources in numerous environments (AWS, Azure, etc.). – Desired requirement
- Bonus potential
- Tampa, Florida
- No more than 15%
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday with flexible work hours