Sr. Communications Engineer – TS/SCI
Website Spathe Systems, LLC
Sr. Communications Engineer
Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing, Defense Contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with satellite offices in Fayetteville, NC. As a fast, reliable, agile, and responsive services and solutions company, Spathe Systems enables operations by capitalizing on our diverse experiences within the Defense, Commercial Academic Industries, delivering Innovative, Interoperable Technologies and leveraging strategic alliances with industry partners. Our niche spans C5ISR Systems Support, Workforce Modernization, and Mission Support. As a small business with a tight nit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions, while supporting and elevating the workforce with the responsibility and accountability to be successful.
Clearance: TS/SCI Clearance
Spathe is looking for an experienced, dedicated, and personable Communications Engineer to join our team in Tampa! In this position you will support the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Communications Directorate. You will provide technical subject matter expertise in support of long-range planning.
- Responsible for coordination with internal and external organizations engaged in C4 projects within the Special Operations Force (SOF) Information Environment (SIE).
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on deployment, employment and future technological evolution of the various SOF C4 programs of record (POR).
- Maintain awareness and high-level knowledge of emerging C4 technologies and evaluate their applicability for supporting USSOCOM.
- Identify operational procedures and techniques that improve the overall performance or efficiency of the SIE.
- Prepare staff studies, briefings, technical reports, and resource documentation supporting plans and policies for IT material development.
- Prepares and presents clear, and concise and well-structured studies and briefings that address designated C4 issues impacting the SIE.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise for capability document developers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable in IT systems (data, voice, video, WAN/LAN)
- Knowledgeable in tactical communication systems (satellite communications, tactical radios)
- 3+ years of experience working with SOF or DoD tactical communication systems
- 3+ years of experience working with communications networks (WAN/LAN)
- Knowledge of Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System desired, but not required
Education & Certifications:
- STEM degree is preferred but not required
- Cisco, iDirect, Viasat certifications desired, but not required
- Must be able to obtain AWS and Azure Fundamentals certifications within 90 days
- Tampa, FL
- 10% or less
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday with flexible work hours