Sr. Infrastructure Engineer – Ability to attain Secret Security Clearance
Website Spathe Systems, LLC
Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing Defense Contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with satellite offices in Fayetteville, NC. As a fast, reliable, agile, and responsive services and solutions company, Spathe Systems enables operations by capitalizing on our diverse experiences within the Defense, Commercial and Academic Industries, delivering Innovative, Interoperable Technologies and leveraging strategic alliances with industry partners. Our niche spans C5I Systems Support, Workforce Modernization, and Mission Support. As a small business with a tight nit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions, while supporting and elevating the workforce with the responsibility and accountability to be successful.
Spathe is currently searching for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our team in the Tampa, FL area in support of the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Mission!
Clearance: Ability to attain Secret Security Clearance (Must be US Citizen)
Spathe is looking for a smart, energetic, and driven Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our Software Development Incubator team in Tampa FL! The Sr. Infrastructure Engineer will develop and maintain the production cloud environment (Terraform, K8s, Openshift, AWS, Azure, etc.). This role develops and builds platforms to allow for rapid deployment of applications, improve processes, practices, and tools in support of infrastructure development, software development and delivery (CI/CD), and automation to improve IT Services for the USSOCOM J6T team. Additionally, this individual will help guide and mentor Jr IT personnel within the Spathe in providing industry best practices and sharing professional experiences with the team. You will be submitted for a Security Clearance as part of this position if you do not already possess a clearance.
- Provide support for the cross-functional DevSecOps team to ensure operations meet technical standards and deliver on productivity and quality goals. Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage cloud services
- Deliver, maintain, and implement high quality technical solutions including configuration and/or maintenance of both on premise and cloud-based systems.
- Work as a leader along-side Application Development, QA, and infrastructure teams.
- Knowledge with agile software development and DevSecOps techniques
- Designing cloud environment elements including network, compute, platform, middleware, and database solutions.
- Own and maintain technology currency and capacity planning in support of established SLAs.
- Define hardware and software performance standards.
- Provide expertise and knowledge in emerging technologies with strategic technology vendors
- Participate in software and hardware licensing, financial and capacity activities that plan for the most efficient way to introduce and maintain technology within the environment.
- Execute the detailed infrastructure design of larger and/or more complex internal projects collaborating with IT stakeholders, service owners and partners.
- Design and implement complex automation process to increase operational efficiency of CI/CD pipeline and reduce project timelines.
- Provide operational readiness through the engineering, planning, coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis, systems support, incident and problem resolution, software installation, and upgrades.
- Provide detailed guidance and consultation in solutioning production incidents when required.
- Maintain appropriate standardized guidelines, work procedures and schedules for solution engineering within the environment to expedite workflow and improve efficiencies.
- Build collaborative relationships with the broader architecture community and OEMs to effectively maintain technical roadmaps and provide input into strategies and standards related to area of specialization.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the Spathe Incubator team as needed for all infrastructure based requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related analytical field or equivalent experience is preferred
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience (direct supervisory experience preferred)
- Public contribution to an open source community or maintain a personal open source portfolio with a working CI/CD pipeline
- Have a passion for agile and DevSecOps methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of current hybrid cloud technologies including AWS, RedHat and Azure.
- Significant experience with automating tasks associated with technical specialties.
- Experience successfully leading projects and initiatives as an Infrastructure SME.
- Strong “security first” mindset.
- Hold a current cloud based architecture certification (RHCA, AWS CSA, CKA, CKAD) or 5+ years’ experience of hardware and supporting infrastructure components both on-premises and cloud-based environments
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps).
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, and Cloudforms is preferred
- Demonstrable experience of microservices architecture, container technology and K8s based PaaS solutions (OpenShift, PKS, etc.) – Desired requirement
- Deep understanding of the design, deployment and management of cloud resources in numerous environments (AWS, Azure, etc.). – Desired requirement
- Bonus potential
- Tampa, Florida
- No more than 25% per year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday with flexible work hours