Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst – Ability to attain Secret security clearance
Website Spathe Systems, LLC
Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing, Defense Contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with satellite offices in Fayetteville, NC. As a fast, reliable, agile, and responsive services and solutions company, Spathe Systems enables operations by capitalizing on our diverse experiences within the Defense, Commercial and Academic Industries, delivering Innovative, Interoperable Technologies and leveraging strategic alliances with industry partners. Our niche spans C5I Systems Support, Workforce Modernization, and Mission Support. As a small business with a tight nit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions, while supporting and elevating the workforce with the responsibility and accountability to be successful.
Spathe is currently searching for a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team in the Tampa, FL area in support of the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Mission!
Clearance: Ability to attain Secret security clearance (Must be US Citizen)
Spathe is looking for a smart, energetic, and driven Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst to join our USSOCOM J6T DevSecOps team! The Sr. Software Quality Assurance Analyst will provide engineering test solutions that measure, validate, and improve the quality of products and support the control of quality as part of the USSOCOM J6T team. This individual will develop Test Plans, Test Specifications and Test procedures that support multiple disciplines within the full product lifecycle development process through the use of industry best practices, methods, approaches, technologies and tools. This individual will participate in tool selection process to document automated testing output, centric to supporting a DevSecOps development approach for promotion to a Cloud environment. Additionally, this individual will help guide and mentor Jr Software Developers in providing industry best practices and sharing professional experiences with the team. You will be submitted for a Security Clearance as part of this position if you do not already possess a clearance.
- Provide support for the cross-functional DevSecOps team to ensure operations meet quality standards and deliver on productivity and quality goals. Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage cloud services
- Working as a leader along-side Application Development and Infrastructure teams
- Responsible for looking at application security, the elements of a secure software development lifecycle, and the use of automated application security tests as part of the continuous integration / continuous deployment pipeline
- Integrate automated security tests and mitigate security risks
- Ensure continuous compliance as code is covered, using different approaches and appropriate DevSecOps tools for prevention, detection and remediation
- Provide insight, design and support into CI/CD testing processes
- Utilizing agile software development and DevSecOps techniques
- Implementing DevSecOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- Participate in daily stand up, product backlog review meetings, and sprint review meetings
- Candidate must be an excellent communicator at all levels of the organization
- Understanding Epics and User Stories, their Acceptance Criteria, and designing quality assurance validation to meet the needs
- Create and execute test plans (both manual and automated) based on business requirements for traceability and instruct development resources on proper procedures to ensure team compliance, in accordance with a DevSecOps methodology
- Should have experience of Agile delivery models
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related analytical field or equivalent experience is preferred
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience
- Have a passion for Agile and DevSecOps methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize usage to most efficiently allocate resources to maximize developer options while staying within budget.
- Strong “security first” mindset.
- 8+ years of experience supporting multi-tier web applications.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working exclusively designing and implementing cloud native workloads
- Experience with Twistlock, Fortify and other testing tools is required
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps).
- Demonstrable experience of microservices architecture, container technology and K8s based PaaS solutions (OpenShift, PKS, etc.) – Desired requirement
- Deep understanding of the design, deployment and management of cloud resources in numerous environments (AWS, Azure, etc.). – Desired requirement
- Bonus potential
- Tampa, Florida
- No more than 25% per year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday with flexible work hours