Systems Engineer (Senior) – Secret or ADP IT-2, and US Citizen
Website Spathe Systems, LLC
Systems Engineer Sr
Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing, Defense Contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with satellite offices in Fayetteville, NC. As a fast, reliable, agile, and responsive services and solutions company, Spathe Systems enables operations by capitalizing on our diverse experiences within the Defense, Commercial and Academic Industries, delivering Innovative, Interoperable Technologies and leveraging strategic alliances with industry partners. Our niche spans C5I Systems Support, Workforce Modernization, and Mission Support. As a small business with a tight nit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions, while supporting and elevating the workforce with the responsibility and accountability to be successful.
Spathe is currently searching for a Systems Engineer Sr to join our team in support of the Defense Logistics Agency’s Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE) Common Operating Environment (COE) Support Services.
Clearance: Fully Adjudicated Active Secret Clearance or ADP IT-2, and US Citizen
Spathe is looking for an experienced, dedicated, and personable Systems Engineer Sr
to join our team!
- The Systems Engineer will have overall responsibility of the strategy for successful design and overall implementation of the PIEE effort. The Systems Engineer will have responsibility in leading the solution architecture and managing the software development resources.
- Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related field or a minimum of eight (8) or more years of relevant experience in an Enterprise IT environment.
- Must have at least one of these certifications: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MSCE), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Information Systems Server Professional (CISSP), Agile certifications/documentation
- Experience applying The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) in Agile solution designs to minimize technical debt and improve overall velocity Experience implementing the MVC Development Methodology (Model/View/Controller)
- Experience with developing and managing data models
- Experience creating and updating data dictionaries
- Experience developing solutions using Message Services, including development of Apache ActiveMQ services
- Experience with DevOps pipeline tools including configuration management, requirements (e.g. JIRA, Version One), automated testing, and deployment
- Experience designing and implementing Single Sign-On (SSO) solutions
- Experience in network communication protocols, ports, routing, proxy settings, and firewall policies
- Experience designing solutions compliant with the Federal Information Management Security Act (FISMA) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Security Standards and Security Requirements
- Technically proficient in designing and implementing data center/cloud-based hosting solutions, including solution architecture and cost estimation
- Experience with pricing and licensing models of major enterprise software platforms; making architecture recommendations in consideration of lifecycle cost
- Experience developing root case analysis, problem identification and resolution, and roadmap for problems within system design and implementation of existing and new systems
- Technical proficiency in optimizing system performance and resource utilization through log and monitoring analysis
- Experience analyzing business requirements and designing specifications for technical solutions and associated activities
- Technical proficiency with SQL including the ability to create queries to validate data integrity and other data constraints
- Experience with all aspects of configuration management planning including configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, configuration audits, configuration documentation
- Tampa / Telelocation Allowable
- CONUS Required
- No more than 30%
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday with flexible work hours