Facilities Maintenance Technician – Secret
Website Spathe Systems, LLC
Facilities Maintenance Technician (for MSOFS NSWG-2)
Spathe Systems is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Technician for a NAVSPECWARCOM customer.
Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing SOF led, 8(a) defense contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with offices in Fayetteville, NC and strategic partner locations in Virginia Beach and Coronado. As a small business with a tight nit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician provides self-help facility support to NSWG-2.
- Carpentry: Builds, repairs, paint, alters, and installs wooden articles and structures.
- Constructs and installs window frames, door frames, inside walls, floors, ceilings, closets, counters, shelves, casing, wood foundations, and similar structures.
- Plans and lays out work from blueprints, drawings, and verbal instructions.
- Determines work sequence, materials, and tools to be used. Measures and cuts materials to required lengths.
- Uses hand and portable power tools of the carpentry trade, shop woodworking equipment and standard measuring instruments such as rulers, carpenter’s square, and levels.
- Electrical: Ability to locate, trace circuit panels and reset breakers, as necessary.
- Re-lamp light fixtures and replace ballasts, as necessary.
- Uses specialized measuring instruments such as voltmeters, amp meters, and ohmmeters.
- Plumbing: Assembles, installs, and repairs various plumbing fixtures (i.e. sinks, toilets, faucets, etc.). Uses hand and power tools of the plumbing trade.
- HVAC: Possess working knowledge of basic sequence of operations for mechanical systems such as chill water, hot water, heat pump, air handling units, and condensing/evaporator units. Ability to locate source and determine cause of malfunctions.
- Perform project site visits and prepare scopes of work as required. Select the appropriate tools, equipment, and materials needed at the worksite and determine extent of work to be done.
- Prepare project cost and quantity estimates.
- Prepare orders for material, tools, and tool consumable items required to accomplish assignments.
- Receive, pick up, store, and maintain project material, tools, and tool consumable items.
- Maintain an organized workshop.
- Maintain project records and data.
- Perform facility inspections to identify deficiencies.
- Perform occasional grounds keeping, snow removal, and carpet cleaning tasks.
- Perform minor painting and drywall repair projects.
- Perform furniture movement, assembly, and/or disassembly tasks
- Possess at a minimum of five (5) years working experience and in-depth knowledge of related duties.
- Must be able to lift supplies and equipment weighing up to 85 lbs.
- Possess a valid current driver’s license and be able drive government vehicles when required.
- JEB Little Creek Fort Story, Virginia Beach, VA
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time off
- 10 Federal Holidays
- Monday to Friday with flexible hours
- Contractor personnel may travel for training in the future.