JR IT Employee (Jr. Software Developer) – Ability to attain Secret security clearance
Website Spathe Systems, LLC
Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing, Defense Contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with satellite offices in Fayetteville, NC. As a fast, reliable, agile, and responsive services and solutions company, Spathe Systems enables operations by capitalizing on our diverse experiences within the Defense, Commercial and Academic Industries, delivering Innovative, Interoperable Technologies and leveraging strategic alliances with industry partners. Our niche spans C5I Systems Support, Workforce Modernization, and Mission Support. As a small business with a tight nit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions, while supporting and elevating the workforce with the responsibility and accountability to be successful.
Spathe is currently searching for a JR Software Developer to join our team in the Tampa, FL area in support of the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Mission!
Clearance: Ability to attain Secret security clearance (Must be US Citizen)
Spathe is looking for smart, energetic, and enthusiastic Junior Software Developers to join our Software Development Incubator team in Tampa FL! In this position your competences will be assessed, and you will be aligned with USSOCOM software development skillset need. You will directly report to a Sr. Software Developer on the USSOCOM J6T team who will help guide and teach you more about software development in support of USSOCOM’s mission needs. Your progress and growth will be reviewed on a monthly and quarterly basis to ensure that you are growing into the type of Software Developer the command needs. You will be submitted for a Security Clearance as part of the program.
- Provide support for the team to ensure operations meet technical standards and deliver on productivity and quality goals. Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage cloud services
- Developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
- Learning and supporting software development with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
- Utilizing agile software development and DevSecOps techniques
- Implementing DevSecOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- Designing cloud environment elements
- Developing and supporting various Databases’ such as MongoDB and PostgreSQL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related analytical field or equivalent experience is preferred
- Minimum GPA of 3.25; GPA of 3.5 or higher is preferred. College transcript copies will be required.
- Have a passion for Agile Software Development and DevSecOps methodologies
- Experience with databases such as: MongoDB or PostgreSQL
- Experience with or knowledge of infrastructure such as: PaaS (Kubernetes), AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud
- Experience with containers such as: Docker, OCI Containers, Moby
- Experience with Microservices
- Strong “security first” mindset.
- Experience with or knowledge of designing and implementing cloud native workloads
- Experience with or knowledge of version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps).
- Demonstrable experience of microservices architecture, container technology and K8s based PaaS solutions (OpenShift, PKS, etc.) – Desired requirement
- Deep understanding of the design, deployment and management of cloud resources in numerous environments (AWS, Azure, etc.). – Desired requirement
- Tampa, Florida
- No more than 15%
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday with flexible work hours