Small Craft Maintenance Technician – Secret
Website Spathe Systems, LLC
Small Craft Maintenance Technician (for MSOFS NAVSCIATTS)
Spathe Systems is seeking a Small Craft Maintenance Technician for a NAVSPECWARCOM customer.
Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing SOF led, 8(a) defense contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with offices in Fayetteville, NC and strategic partner locations in Virginia Beach and Coronado. As a small business with a tight nit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions.
Maintain all command combatant craft in an optimum state of readiness (ensure they are safe and in the maximum degree of readiness.) Performs organizational and intermediate-level maintenance and Depot Level overhaul on all types of internal combustion engines; performs preventive maintenance on auxiliary equipment and on small craft diesel engines, clutches, transmissions, and drive shafts for operational and logistical requirements for Naval Small Craft Instruction and Technical School (NAVSCIATTS).
- Perform mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance, and engine power head and lower unit overhauls on 2 and 4-stroke outboard engines ranging in size from 30 to 350 horsepower and 470 horsepower diesel engines, along with equipment trailers.
- Fabricate and fit tubing and flexible hose assemblies; monitor electrical charging and regulating systems; operate and maintain hydraulic equipment; control or minimize the effects of oil and fuel spills.
- Conduct preventive maintenance and repair on 25 foot aluminum defender class Safe craft, 25 foot Fiberglass Boston Whaler, 11m RHIB, 38 foot aluminum defender class Safe craft, and aluminum hulled mud boat to include repairs and maintenance on gauges, navigation equipment, and communication equipment that is specially designed for Special Operation Commands.
- Perform organizational and intermediate-level maintenance and overhauls on all types of internal combustion engines.
- Start and operate all types of internal combustion engines.
- Perform preventive maintenance on auxiliary equipment, 7.5 KW generators, and on small craft diesel engines, clutches, transmissions, and drive shafts.
- Overhaul internal combustion engines; adjust valves, injectors, control racks, governor, and governor-control linkages on diesel engines; check oil clearance in bearings; adjust and test diesel and gasoline engines; and operate and troubleshoot internal combustion engine blowers and turbochargers.
- In coordination with the assigned Government representative, assist with maintaining a shop with all necessary tools and equipment and safety gear to perform maintenance and repair on small craft.
- Three (3) years’ experience in troubleshooting and repair of all propulsion and auxiliary systems for assigned craft.
- Shall be certified through factory trained schools to work on Evinrude, Caterpillar and Mercury Marine engines.
- Five (5) years’ experience working with outboard engines, diesel engines and the auxiliary systems found aboard our small maritime craft inventory.
- Five (5) years’ experience conducting small maritime craft commercial (non-warranty) repairs to ensure all repairs are properly scheduled and completed.
- Five (5) years’ experience using specialty tools, such as torque wrenches, timing and fuel rack adjustment tools, feeler gauges, depth gauges, and snap gauges as part of the routine maintenance and equipment diagnostics processes.
- Five (5) years’ collective experience using factory technical manuals, instructions, and publications to ensure repair procedures are in accordance with specifications.
- Stennis Space Center, MS
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time off
- 10 Federal Holidays
- Monday to Friday with flexible work hours (may require additional weeknights and/or weekends).
- General core hours 0700-1800 hrs.
- Personnel may be required to travel CONUS or OCONUS for up to 4 weeks per trip.