Cybersecurity Analyst – TS/SCI
Website Spathe Systems, LLC
Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing, Defense Contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with satellite office in Fayetteville, NC. As a fast, reliable, agile, and responsive services and solutions company, Spathe Systems enables operations by capitalizing on our diverse experiences within the Defense, Commercial and Academic Industries, delivering Innovative, Interoperable Technologies and leveraging strategic alliances with industry partners. Our niche spans C5I Systems Support, Workforce Modernization, and Mission Support. As a small business with a tight nit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions, while supporting and elevating the workforce with the responsibility and accountability to be successful.
Spathe Systems is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst appointed as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) and will serve as the Lead ISSO. The ISSO acts in support of the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) and serves as a principal advisor to the ISSM on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security of information systems under his/her purview. The Lead ISSO will act on the Information Systems Security Manager’s (ISSM) behalf when the ISSM is absent.
Responsibilities: include but are not limited to:
- Monitor computer networks for security issues and violations.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Assist the ISSM with various cybersecurity functions, to include (but not limited to) privilege account verifications, contingency planning, cyber awareness training, and policy enforcement.
- Assist with the documentation of security incidents and assessment of potential damages.
- Work with various teams to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Document and report detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Assist with the development of organizational best practices for IT security.
- Support other organizational teams as required to ensure the best security options are identified.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to the ISSM/management.
- Knowledge of and ability to configure, update, install and use various cybersecurity related tools to include SPLUNK, ACAS, and HBSS.
- Understanding of patch management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Work with the ISSM to ensure non-classified and classified data are appropriately transferred, logged, maintained, and/or destroyed.
- Ability to identify organizational vulnerabilities and explain how to mitigate them.
- Assist in selecting network and organizational security solutions.
- Assist with the development of organizational processes, procedures, and policies.
- Utilize helpdesk ticketing system to resolve user cybersecurity related requests.
- Keep abreast of technology and security trends and development
- Security+ Certification
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Master’s degree in information systems or related field preferred.
- Experience in information security or related field.